Description for: Dulse Seaweed Powder
In the earliest known written record of Dulse it was harvested 1400 years ago by Irish monks. Dulse grows on the ocean floor in the North Atlantic and Northwest Pacific Sea where currents are swift and the waters are very clean. It is rich in iron, potassium, iodine and vitamin B6. In body wraps and masks it has strong emollient properties and helps maintain moisture while drawing out toxins and smoothing the skin to minimize fine lines and wrinkles. Dulse powder may also be combined with oil and rubbed on the skin for skin-smoothing exfoliation.
For greater detoxification and toning, try mixing Dulse with equal parts of clays such as:
* Rhassoul (sensitive or mature skin/increases elasticity)
* Sea Clay (all skin types)
* Rose Clay (sensitive and dry skin)
* Kaolin (normal skin/refines pores)
Clays are powerful detoxifiers.
* Body Wrap- Use 1/4 to 1/2 cup Dulse for a toning, skin-softening full body wrap. Mix with warm water to maximize the soothing effect. Once applied, wrap the body in Mylar Foil
* Facial Mask - Use 2 tablespoons mixed with warm water for a toning and rejuvenating facial mask.
* Dulse Body Scrub - A mixture of Dulse seaweed powder, natural vegetable oil and water to deep cleanse and re-mineralize the skin. Sometimes mixed with Dead Sea Salt for added exfoliation effect. The skin is gently massaged, leaving skin smooth. A very relaxing treatment.
* Body Aches - For treatment of aches and pains in the shoulders, lower back, arms and legs, mix Dulse with warm water and wrap the area with Mylar Foil.
* Aches and Fatigue - For relief of muscle aches and fatigue, add one cup to a pitcher of warm water, mix well, then add to a warm bath. Add some Lavender Essential Oil (or any scent you prefer) for greater relaxation.
* Manicure/Pedicure - For a Manicure/Pedicure apply Dulse mixed with warm water to hands or feet and wrap in Mylar Foil.
(2) tablespoons clay or seaweed (or a mix of both)
(2) tablespoons warm water.
* MIx ingredients briskly to make a smooth paste.
* Clays and seaweeds vary in absorbency; if your mixture is too thin, add more powder, if too thick, add a little more water.
* Apply to clean face and neck, making sure to avoid the eye area.
* Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes until dry.
* Rinse with warm water.
* Pat skin dry.
Please note - the number of treatments listed for each size below is an estimate for your reference. It varies based on how much product you use, the size of the area being treated, etc.
Cautions: Seaweed treatments must be avoided for those with iodine or seaweed allergies and pregnant women.
Personal Size = 8-10 facials or 1-2 body wraps
Spa Size = 20-24 facials or 6-8 body wraps
Spa Value Size = 70-80 facials or 20-25 body
Bulk Size = 25 lbs 125 + body treatments